Why we take Cod Liver Oil ? Cod Liver Oil is a valuable source of the omega 3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. It is also one of the richest natural food sources of vitamins A and D, which makes it unique from omega 3 fish oils. Cod Liver Oil has long been used to promote good health, including:
- Cardiovascular Health: EPA and DHA are know to maintain a healthy heart and have a beneficial effect on cholesterol levels, triglyceride levels and blood pressure. As a result, they can help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Brain function: DHA in particular can help to maintain normal brain function and may help to protect the brain against the ageing process.
- Eye Health: Essential fatty acids and vitamin A are essential for the development of healthy eyes and vision as the eyes age.
- Immune System: Vitamin D maintains normal immune function and response. Many people take Cod Liver Oil supplements during the winter months to helps reduce susceptibility to infections.
- Skin: Cod Liver Oil can help to maintain the appearance of healthy skin and is often used to treat common skin ailments.